Sunday, March 15, 2009

Making Friends

















Craft: Making friends out of gloves and socks

Inspiration: I just happened to pick up the book Smitten at the library. It is about a sock and a mitten on the quest to find their respective pairs. In the quest, they discover that they are each other's perfect pair and become smitten. The next day, I was at a craft store and saw the book Sock and Glove by the checkout line. Since Easter was around the corner, I decided to make two friends out of discarded gloves and socks for the children's Easter baskets.

To make yours like mine:
Book Sock and Glove by Miyako Kanamori
Socks and gloves from around the house
Stuffing (the doll kind, not the turkey kind)
Embroidery thread
Spare buttons and ribbon
Needle and thread
Scissors

For copyright reasons, I can't list out the directions, but I would like to comment on the project. I used the rabbit and cat instructions and found them really easy. It is also a great project for those of us who are not great at sewing. The more home-sewn they look, the cuter they are! Despite the book's title of using, "Cast-off Socks and Gloves" she actually uses new and matching pairs for the project. I decided to use only old socks and gloves that I had around the house, but made sure they weren't too raggedy or discolored.


No comments:

Post a Comment