Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Paper Bead Necklace




















Craft: Paper bead necklace

Inspiration: I was inspired by a Martha Stewart paper bead necklace craft kit. My daughter has been doing a lot of watercoloring at preschool, and I had these great sheets of bright colors. The water color paper is thicker, but I think this craft would work with a variety of different paper types.

To make yours like mine:
Paper, in a variety of cool colors
Glue
Kebab sticks
Scissors
Something to hold the kebab sticks verticle (styrofoam, milk carton, etc.)
String

Steps:
1. Cut the paper in long triangles, mine were 1 inch at the base and approx. 10 inches long.
2. Place a kebab stick in your holding item (styrofoam, milk carton, etc.)
3. Place a thin amount of glue on one side of the triangle.
4. Roll the paper tightly around a new kebab stick.
5. Remove from winding stick and place it on the verticle stick to dry.
6. Leave the bead to dry over night.
7. Repeat.
8. When they are dry, lace them on your string to make a necklace.





3 comments:

  1. Erin, those are even more amazing than I thought they would be! You've set the bar high and I'm looking forward to more and more crafty ideas.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that necklace is so cute:) i think im going to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these beads out of Stinker's artwork then put them on earrings for mother's day gifts. GREAT idea Erin!!

    ReplyDelete